I have only SAP BOBJ environment. How is BI Hub beneficial to me?
- Report metadata – Ability to create metadata such as description, tags, last refresh date time, data source, data provider etc., and gain a better functional and technical understanding of the reports.
- Smart Search – Users can run a search for ‘Not Accessible’ reports and get access to the same. This mitigates duplicate reports and time and cost involved in development of those duplicate reports.
- Compared to other enterprise portals in the market, BI Hub is easy to integrate with Directory service and all BOBJ platforms.
- Changes to user-reports authorizations, Addition/Deletion of users/reports to the various BOBJ platforms (WebI, Lumira Designer, Crystal etc., ) are automatically propagated to BI Hub. No manual intervention necessary
I have only non SAP tools such as Tableau, Qlik Sense, PowerBI, SpotFire, SSRS. - Can I still use BI Hub?
- BI Hub can be used to launch reports created in non SAP BI platforms such as Tableau, QlikSense, SSRS, SpotFire etc., in one page.
- All features of BI Hub such as Smart Search, Metadata repository, Audit module etc., are available in non SAP BI environments as well.
- BI Hub supports Native or directory-service based authentication for non SAP BI platforms users.
- BI Hub seamlessly integrates with non SAP BI platforms even if the user names are different across these platforms.
How are password changes in BI platforms or directory service synchronized with BI Hub?
- BI Hub uses a trust based integration with all BI platforms
- User passwords are NOT stored in BI Hub and so there is no need for synchronization
- Even if user passwords are modified in directory service or BI platforms, user can continue to login in BI Hub and be authenticated by directory service or BI platform without having to enter the ‘new’ password
BOBJ users in my organization are authenticated by SAP BW / SAP HANA. Given that scenario, how will BI Hub users be authenticated successfully and launch reports?
BI Hub launches BOBJ reports utilizing the same authentication/authorization mechanism used by BI Launchpad. So, if the report is accessible through BI Launchpad it will also be accessible by BI Hub
Can I access My Favorites in BOBJ using BI Hub?
Can I launch BI Hub in iPad?
Yes, BI Hub can be used in iPad but not on smart phones. The product is limited by the responsive UI capabilities of the individual BI platforms and tools